Friday, March 19, 2010

Living in TN - Our Home!

Since it may be awhile before many of you will come and visit Andy and I, I'll take you on a photo tour of our new place. Some points to note, this place is huge to me. I think it may be the biggest space I've had to live in since moving out of my parent's house. The spaciousness of this place astounds me from time to time. Plus, sometimes I get annoyed that things are so far from where I'm currently at. Which is good to keep me from being too lazy. I apologize for all the comparisons to our old house, but I keep making them in my mind.

First things first, when you come through the door. You'll be introduced to our airy and open living room.
Welcome to Hitherwood Hollow! (Andy's name creation)
You can see the window opening to the kitchen.

This is the view from the dining room.
As you can see the couch, rocking chair, LoveSac, bookshelf, and secretary desk all fit in the room, with space to spare!

This is our dining room.
You can see our bikes and the table/swing out back on our patio.
The kitchen opens up to the right.
There's enough room in here to have the table open all the way, all the time!

Best of all, a giant kitchen!
Andy and I love to cook, but when we were both in our old kitchen it's surprising we managed to get and stay married!
I once cooled cookies outside because there was no more space in our kitchen/dining room for them.

The kitchen is so big it takes 2 pictures to show the whole thing.
See that butcher's block in the middle of everything?
I thought that would be really annoying to be there, but it's been a great addition.
If I need to bring a glass (from the right) to the fridge to get some water, I can place my glass on the butchers block to rest half way.
I'm not used to things being more than two steps away from each other.

Before we leave the first floor, we must take a bathroom break!
This is our smallest bathroom, which if it had a tub, would be about the size of our old bathroom.
See me squished in the corner back there?
That's about how much space I had to brush my teeth with Andy at night.

This is our guest bedroom/office.
This is my job search central, I enjoy looking out the window while applying for jobs.

Our guest bedroom has it's own bathroom!

Finally... the master bedroom!
There's so much room around the bed to walk, it's great.
No more banging my shins on th bed frame.

The attached master bathroom.
This room has a separate tub and a good-sized shower, in addition to all that counter space.

Last but not least, a walk-in closet!
Andy and I can keep our clothes in the same closet, much less the same room.
This is the closet that I laid down in because I could.
Imagine that I slept in a room not much bigger than this just a few years ago.

Overall, this is a great place to live. I spend a lot of time here since it's job search central. I can be upstairs or downstairs. On either level I can go to the bathroom. I may get tired walking all around the house, but it's a matter of getting used to it. Going up and down the stairs is good exercise and I'm excited that I have stairs to climb.

1 comment:

Tony! said...

The new place looks marvelous! I can't wait to see it in person and marvel at the upgrade!